Skip to main content

Translate

The biggest prison of the Century // A maior prisão do século.

 




Anxiety

 

It is a prison. It captures your thoughts and keeps them in a vicious cycle of insecurities and a false “need to know,” as if you could control the things that will happen, but then comes the insecurity because you can’t know the future. 

 

It is a prison. 

There is a way out. Instead of believing that you will be able to foresee the future and control all the variables, why not believe in the one who has prepared your future? Knowing that He loves you very much and that everything you will go through will be for the best, even when it doesn’t look like it. Because in the end, He has won all the battles; if you only trust Him, you will have peace, and the future won’t bother you anymore. 

 

Jesus is the Way out of this prison.

He said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” You may think, but I don’t believe in Jesus or in God, and I tell you, but you do believe that anxiety will tell you the future and you will control it, don’t you?

Don’t you see the people who claim to live with Christ daily praying and giving up the need to control that they have a better life? Not because they don’t have a problem but because they chose to give everything to Jesus to take care of them.     

 

There is no point in worrying.

You lose your sleep, peace, health, and, most importantly, your life because you give up living in the present and worrying about the future. 

Your days go by, and you won’t notice the future is near, and you can’t see it. The future is now. 

 

You make your future by living a good present. Enjoying the only thing you have, today.

Tomorrow may never come. The past is gone. There is no point in regretting the wrong decisions. You mist repent and make a better decision. 

 

Invite Jesus to live in you and ask Him to free you from the prison of anxiety. Tell Him that you need Him. Seek Him every day. Get to know Him and His word. This way, you will find comfort, peace, and wisdom. The Holy Spirit comes, too. He will teach you to be like Him: gentle, faithful, peaceful, kind, and controlled.

 

How many alternatives have you tried already? I am not saying that the medicines don’t work. But .. all the meditation, exercise, and self-awareness, mindfulness… all these things may help a little bit but you won’t be free. 

 

You can try to free yourself by your own power. How long has it been?

The peace of mind you have been looking for is not in your meditation with some “guru” saying absurdities. But, you will find in Jesus. His word has wisdom. His word brings comfort and peace. 

 

Everybody has problems. A lot. We all have unquietness, no one knows the future, we are no different from you in terms of being human in this planet earth. The difference is in what we believe. You say that I am crazy to believe that someone 2000 years ago died for me, rose from the dead, and I’ll have my sins forgiven, therefore I will have peace of mind. Yes, I am crazy. But I’ll tell my lack of sleep is not because my thought won’t let me sleep. It is because I have a condition. And medication helps me. But deep in my heart I am not worried about the future. I have no anxiety attacks. I had one, and at that moment, I prayed, and my heart calmed down; the thought that I needed to shout for no reason went away, and I was able to drive back home, it resolved in less than five minutes. That anxiety attack lasted less than 5 minutes. I know who is my doctor. His name is Jesus. I told Him, “I have no reason to feel this way. Help me, Lord.” So I started breathing deeply, and all the craziness my body was getting into just left. 

 

You see. We all have problems, but we don’t have to live with them or keep them. We just give them to Jesus. He’ll take care of everything. And I? I will rest in His faithfulness. 

 

God gave us a present. He didn’t give us the future. He has the future. We have the present. We live in the present, doing whatever we have to do, he promised that He will never forsake us. His Holy Spirit is with us, to calm us down and give us wisdom. There is no magic. There is faith.

 

Some Bible verses that you can read and ask God the Father, and be sure that He will answer you.  You can also ask for faith. He’ll give it to you.

 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

 

Psalm 23:4: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

 

Matthew 11:28-30: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

 

Psalm 119:76: Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant.

 

Matthew 5:4: “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

 

Psalm 119:50: This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.

 

Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

 

Psalm 34:18: The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

 

Romans 8:26-28: Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

 

Isaiah 49:13: Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted.          

 

Do not let anxiety win.

 

 

Ansiedade

 

É uma prisão. Ela captura seus pensamentos e os mantém em um ciclo vicioso de inseguranças e uma falsa “necessidade de saber”, como se você pudesse controlar as coisas que acontecerão, mas então vem a insegurança porque você não pode saber o futuro.

 

É uma prisão.

Há uma saída. Em vez de acreditar que você será capaz de prever o futuro e controlar todas as variáveis, por que não acreditar naquele que preparou seu futuro? Saber que Ele te ama muito e que tudo o que você passará será para o melhor, mesmo quando não pareça. Porque no final, Ele venceu todas as batalhas; se você apenas confiar nele, terá paz, e o futuro não o incomodará mais.

 

Jesus é o caminho para sair desta prisão.

Ele disse: “Eu sou o caminho, a verdade e a vida.” Você pode pensar, mas eu não acredito em Jesus ou em Deus, e eu lhe digo, mas você acredita que a ansiedade lhe dirá o futuro e você o controlará, não é?

Você não vê as pessoas que dizem viver com Cristo diariamente orando e desistindo da necessidade de controlar para que tenham uma vida melhor? Não porque elas não tenham um problema, mas porque escolheram entregar tudo a Jesus para cuidar delas.

 

Não adianta se preocupar.

Você perde seu sono, paz, saúde e, mais importante, sua vida porque desiste de viver no presente e se preocupar com o futuro.

Seus dias passam, e você não percebe que o futuro está próximo, e você não consegue vê-lo. O futuro é agora.

Você faz seu futuro vivendo um bom presente. Aproveitando a única coisa que você tem, hoje.

O amanhã pode nunca chegar. O passado se foi. Não adianta sentir remorsos das decisões erradas, voce deve arrepender-se e tomar uma decisão melhor.

 

Convide Jesus para viver em você e peça a Ele para libertá-lo da prisão da ansiedade. Diga a Ele que você precisa Dele. Busque-O todos os dias. Conheça-O e Sua palavra. Dessa forma, você encontrará conforto, paz e sabedoria. O Espírito Santo vem também. Ele lhe ensinará a ser como Ele: gentil, fiel, pacífico, gentil e controlado.

 

Quantas alternativas você já tentou? Não estou dizendo que os remédios não funcionam. Mas... toda a meditação, exercícios e autoconsciência, atenção plena... todas essas coisas podem ajudar um pouco, mas você não será livre. 

 

Você pode tentar se libertar pelo seu próprio poder. Há quanto tempo?

A paz de espírito que você está procurando não está em sua meditação com algum "guru" dizendo absurdos. Mas, você encontrará em Jesus. Sua palavra tem sabedoria. Sua palavra traz conforto e paz.

 

Todo mundo tem problemas. Muitos. Todos nós temos inquietação, ninguém sabe o futuro, não somos diferentes de você em termos de ser humano neste planeta Terra. A diferença está no que acreditamos. Você diz que sou louco por acreditar que alguém morreu por mim há 2000 anos, ressuscitou dos mortos e que meus pecados serão perdoados, portanto terei paz de espírito. Sim, sou louca. Mas direi que minha falta de sono não é porque meu pensamento não me deixa dormir. É porque tenho uma condição. E a medicação me ajuda. Mas no fundo do meu coração não estou preocupada com o futuro. Não tenho ataques de ansiedade. Tive um e, naquele momento, orei e meu coração se acalmou; o pensamento de que precisava gritar sem motivo foi embora e consegui dirigir de volta para casa, se resolveu em menos de cinco minutos. Aquele ataque de ansiedade durou menos de 5 minutos. Eu sei quem é meu médico. Seu nome é Jesus. Eu disse a Ele: "Não tenho motivos para me sentir assim. Ajude-me, Senhor." Então comecei a respirar profundamente e toda a loucura em que meu corpo estava entrando simplesmente desapareceu.

 

Veja. Todos nós temos problemas, mas não precisamos viver com eles ou mantê-los. Nós apenas os entregamos a Jesus. Ele cuidará de tudo. E eu? Descansarei em Sua fidelidade.

 

Deus nos deu um presente. Ele não nos deu o futuro. Ele tem o futuro. Nós temos o presente. Vivemos no presente, fazendo o que temos que fazer, ele prometeu que nunca nos abandonará. Seu Espírito Santo está conosco, para nos acalmar e nos dar sabedoria. Não há mágica. Há fé.

 

Alguns versículos da Bíblia que você pode ler e perguntar a Deus Pai, e ter certeza de que Ele lhe responderá. Você também pode pedir por fé. Ele te dará. 

 

2 Coríntios 1:3-4: Bendito seja o Deus e Pai de nosso Senhor Jesus Cristo, o Pai das misericórdias e Deus de toda consolação, que nos consola em toda a nossa tribulação, para que também possamos consolar os que estiverem em alguma tribulação, com a consolação com que nós mesmos somos consolados por Deus.

 

Salmo 23:4: Ainda que eu ande pelo vale da sombra da morte, não temerei mal algum, porque tu estás comigo; a tua vara e o teu cajado me consolam.

 

Mateus 11:28-30: Vinde a mim, todos os que estais cansados ​​e sobrecarregados, e eu vos aliviarei. Tomai sobre vós o meu jugo, e aprendei de mim, porque sou manso e humilde de coração, e encontrareis descanso para as vossas almas. Pois o meu jugo é suave, e o meu fardo é leve.

 

Salmo 119:76: Que o teu amor me console, segundo a tua promessa ao teu servo.

 

Mateus 5:4: “Bem-aventurados os que choram, porque eles serão consolados.

 

Salmo 119:50: Este é o meu conforto na minha aflição: que a tua promessa me dá vida.

 

Isaías 41:10: Não temas, porque eu sou contigo; não te assombres, porque eu sou teu Deus; eu te fortaleço, eu te ajudo, eu te sustento com a minha justiça.

 

Salmo 34:18: O Senhor está perto dos que têm o coração quebrantado e salva os de espírito abatido.

 

Romanos 8:26-28: Da mesma forma o Espírito nos ajuda em nossa fraqueza. Pois não sabemos o que pedir como convém, mas o próprio Espírito intercede por nós com gemidos inexprimíveis. E aquele que sonda os corações sabe qual é a mente do Espírito, porque o Espírito intercede pelos santos segundo a vontade de Deus. E sabemos que todas as coisas cooperam para o bem daqueles que amam a Deus, daqueles que são chamados segundo o seu propósito.

 

Isaías 49:13: Cantem de alegria, ó céus, e rejubilem, ó terra; rompam em cânticos, ó montes! Pois o Senhor consolou o seu povo e se compadecerá dos seus aflitos.


Não deixe a ansiedade vencer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe