Skip to main content

Translate

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido?

There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!”

That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything.

What is it?  Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie.

So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost your way because of some unexpected changing, remember “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105). Let the Word of God, which has never changed, guide your way. Put your hope in God who is, was and yet to come. He is way bigger than your problems. Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” What is God to you?

 It is hard to decide to believe in God. But I suggest you even without faith, start reading His word. You don’t need to buy anything now, open a webpage and start reading. Start wherever you want. Psalms, Genesis, Matthew. His Word is alive, and It will speak to you. “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be open to you (Matthew 7:7 – 8). Do you want to find your way? Jesus is the way, believe in Him and you will never be or feel lost ever again. He said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6)

Sometimes we say we are lost, or we can’t find answers. But have you thought clearly about your questions? What are your questions? What are the answers that you are looking for? People say that the Bible is an old book, written by many people from several places in different ages. Yes, that is so true. Can you imagine another book like that that have survived so several attempts of being destroyed and they have never succeeded? Isn’t that a little suspicious? Isn’t that curious that this book written by several people tell one story? And I am not talking about the Jews. I am talking about God, who has revealed himself to us through the bible. And it persists through ages. And so many people claimed that it changed their lives. How come can’t it change yours too?

Every time I read it, the bible speaks back to me. Every time I need an answer, it gives me. I am a sensible person. I have changed a lot. But my bible is the same. It has changed me, to be a better person. To achieve God’s will. Which is: God, to be glorified through Jesus Christ. My life has to be the proof that Jesus Christ is alive in me and changing me every day. So, you can see it and believe it. God has supplied me with everything I need. I mean everything. Since material and physical things, and spiritual things too. I have peace, and I am grateful even when my earthly plans haven’t worked out as I initially planned, but I find my life in a much better place right now (and I don’t mean a house, city, country). I mean with myself. You might want to know how I, this sensible person who has studied so much and achieved what I wanted (intellectually), be glad with nothing? I have nothing that I once wanted although I have so much more that I have never planned. How is it? Jesus fills me up. Jesus lives in me, and everything I really need, nothing more nothing less, lack.

You can have it too. If you have the same book that guides my life. Let it guide your ways, your life. It is powerful, it is alive. And it speaks back to you every time you believe in it. 
Sempre existe um momento na vida em que temos certeza sobre o que fazer com nossas vidas. Temos uma meta e um objetivo a alcançar. No entanto, é comum que a vida mude de posição e nossos planos são feitos nada. Frequentemente ouço as pessoas dizerem: "Estou perdido, não sei o que fazer!"

Isso acontece quando colocamos nossos objetivos em algo que muda. Tudo neste mundo muda. Você e eu estamos mudando a cada minuto. Meus pensamentos agora estão loucos, e se eu não definir uma meta em algo que não mude, não posso fazer nada.

O que é isso? Jesus. A palavra de Deus. Você pode pensar que eu sou louca, lunática ou mesmo fanática. Mas quem realmente me conhece, sabe que eu não sou nenhuma dessas coisas. Sou uma pessoa muito sensata que viveu e experimentou muitas coisas. E eu não minto.

Então, se você está experimentando uma sensação de perda e desespero, que tal colocar sua esperança naquele que não pode mudar de maneira alguma. Se você se perdeu por causa de uma mudança inesperada, lembre-se de que “Sua Palavra é uma lâmpada para os meus pés e uma luz para o meu caminho(Salmo 119: 105). Deixe a Palavra de Deus, que nunca mudou, guiar seu caminho. Coloque sua esperança em Deus que é, foi e ainda está por vir. Ele é muito maior que seus problemas. Gênesis 1: 1 “No princípio, Deus criou os céus e a terra.” O que é Deus para você?

É difícil decidir acreditar em Deus. Mas eu sugiro que, mesmo sem fé, comece a ler Sua palavra. Agora você não precisa comprar nada, abra uma página da web e começe a ler. Comece onde quiser. Salmos, Gênesis, Mateus. Sua Palavra é viva e falará com você. “Peça, e será dado a você; Procura e acharás; bata, e estará aberto para você (Mateus 7: 7 - 8). Você quer encontrar o seu caminho? Jesus é o caminho, acredite Nele e você nunca mais estará ou se sentirá perdido. Ele disse: "Eu sou o caminho, a verdade e a vida" (João 14: 6)

Às vezes dizemos que estamos perdidos ou não conseguimos encontrar respostas. Mas você já pensou claramente sobre suas perguntas? Quais são as suas perguntas? Quais são as respostas que você está procurando? As pessoas dizem que a Bíblia é um livro antigo, escrito por muitas pessoas de vários lugares em diferentes eras. Sim, isso é verdade. Você pode imaginar outro livro como esse que sobreviveu a tantas tentativas de ser destruído e eles nunca conseguiram? Isso não é um pouco suspeito? Não é curioso que este livro escrito por várias pessoas conte uma história? E eu não estou falando sobre os judeus. Eu estou falando de Deus, que se revelou para nós através da Bíblia. E persiste através dos tempos. E tantas pessoas alegaram que a bíblia mudou suas vidas. Como que não pode mudar a sua também?

Toda vez que a leio, a Bíblia fala de volta para mim. Toda vez que preciso de uma resposta, ela me dá. Eu sou uma pessoa sensata. Eu mudei muito, mas minha bíblia é a mesma. Ela me mudou, para ser uma pessoa melhor. Para alcançar a vontade de Deus. Que é: Deus, ser glorificado por Jesus Cristo. Minha vida tem que ser a prova de que Jesus Cristo está vivo em mim e me muda todos os dias. Para que você possa ver e acreditar. Deus me fornece tudo o que preciso. Eu quero dizer tudo. Desde coisas materiais e físicas, e também espirituais. Tenho paz e sou grata mesmo quando meus planos terrestres não deram certo como planejado inicialmente, mas encontro minha vida em um lugar muito melhor agora (e não quero dizer casa, cidade, país). Quero dizer comigo mesmo. Você pode querer saber como eu, essa pessoa sensata que estudou tanto e alcançou o que eu queria (intelectualmente), fica feliz com nada? Não tenho o que uma vez eu quis, embora tenha muito mais do que nunca planejei. Como é? Jesus me enche. Jesus vive em mim, e tudo o que realmente preciso, nada mais nada menos, falta.

Você pode ter isso também. Se você tem o mesmo livro que guia minha vida. Deixe-o guiar seus caminhos, sua vida. É poderosa, está viva. E ela lhe responde toda vez que você acredita nela.

Comments

  1. Amem. Glória a Deus por sua poderosa palavra que nos guia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe