Skip to main content

Translate

Learning through the pain // Aprendendo através da dor

 

Escala de medida da dor


We are tempted to think like the ancient pagans “If you are good, you’ll have a good life with no problems; but if you’re evil or bad, the gods will punish you, and you’ll be miserable”. But life shows us a different story, we are tired of seeing good people suffering and bad people thriving. We can recognize a bad and a good person from a mile away. But we forget we judge them from what we see. But God sees them from within. And I am not saying that God agrees with the thought only bad people deserve to suffer. I am saying that our judgment about good and bad is not accurate. But God’s justice goes beyond our understanding, we will never know why some people suffer and other suffers less. I say that because I do not believe that there is one person who has not suffered in life. Some people deal with suffering better than others. 


Let’s look at Job from the Bible. 

Job was a good man, blessed by God. Considered by God an upright man who feared Him. But Satan disagrees with God and challenges God that once God removes all blessings and richness from Job, he will definitely curse God and will become someone else. I say the odds are very high in anyone's life. 

At some point Job, after he had lost everything started doubting the purpose of his life, he doubted God and he lived a roller-coaster of emotions. Isn’t it exactly like that when we are going through some hard time? We get lost in our thoughts especially if we have friends that instead of comforting us, start making allegations about the reason we are going through that.

Job didn’t deserve all that, and yet he had to go through it. The Bible doesn’t say a reason why God allowed that to happen to him, but I have my conclusions about it. There are many lessons we can get from the book that is worth looking at. Job says to his wife something like this, ‘we receive good, shall we not receive evil too?’. I think that is interesting because we like being blessed and all, but are we always grateful? Some people get that bad portion of life, so why do we have to be always the privileged ones? If the rain falls on good and bad, why shouldn’t we get a little portion of what is bad too? A little bad fortune?

 

When we are in pain, we look for answers, we try to understand why we are in pain. We look for the culprit. 

In my opinion, pain makes us think about a wide range of things. It brings us to our knees, it humbles us. It makes us see how fragile we are, and makes us think about the future, and after death. The pain also shows our real selves, and what kind of person we are. Some people in pain want to protect their loved ones from the pain, some want to make them pay for it, and they want to harm others. 

God’s justice can’t be measured up by the pain we have. The pain might be a lesson to be learned, might be halters to keep us in line.


We should dive deeper with God when we are in pain, not in search of justice, but in search of what it is that He is trying to show us. Is his greatness, his mercy, compassion, his power or is it my pride, my bad tendencies, my need for Him? The pain changes us. Who has never felt pain and has not learned a thing?


The pain might be deep and fast or shallow and long. The pain might be physical body or in our minds. The pain can come and go away and the pain can come and stay until the day we die. There is no rule for that.

Living with pain made me see the world from a different perspective. I have learned that I don’t need much to feel it. I need a lot to not think about it. I’ve learned what is important and what to prioritize; I’ve learned that looks are deceiving. I can laugh but, on the inside, I might be crying; I might be crying with pain although not feeling sad at all.

 

I’ve learned that God works in us with very different tools. Not always He will heal our bodies, but he will always heal our souls if we are willing to receive his methods. It is the soul that lasts forever. This body will perish anyway. Yes, He heals the body when healing is in his plan to do so. We must understand we can’t force God to heal our bodies just because we claim that we have faith. God is God and He does whatever He wants. That is it. That must be very clear. Once I gave control of my life back to Him (body and soul) all I have to do is trust that everything is for my good. Because He said so. No matter how much pain my body is in. He carried a huge cross with the weight of our sins, and can’t I handle some hours? He died for me, and I am not willing to suffer a little bit for him? If I say, ‘I live for Christ’, I must be willing to die and suffer for him also.


Besides, my hope is in the future, my eternal future. All these here will pass. It is all temporary. 

He has promised a new body and in this new body, I will have no pain. So, I am looking real forward to that.

I am not saying that because of that we should neglect our bodies here. Not at all. He commanded us to take care of it because it is his house. So, I will do my very best to keep this body healthy and clean.


In my pain I’ve also learned the limits of my body, I am not the wonder woman, and I believe He made me like that. He loves me like that. I see God in my path of maturing through the pain. 

If you live with the pain any kind of pain, just give Him glory and try to learn all the teachings he is doing through it. 

If God wants to give you the gift of healing, He will in due time. But sometimes He is offering so much more through all this suffering and we close ourselves because we only want the healing that we will never understand what He is trying to do. 

I’ve received the gifts of patience, mercy, compassion, wisdom, love, and the acknowledgment of my need for Him that makes all the difference. All that is not something just for my benefit. All that is for the benefit of others. I learned to relate with the other’s pain and sufferings, and I’ve learned to love the different because we never know why people are the way they are, and for that, we need the gifts God is offering us. 

Open up your heart and receive.

 

Somos tentados a pensar como os antigos pagãos: “Se você for bom, terá uma vida boa sem problemas; mas se você for mau, os deuses vão puni-lo e você será miserável”. Mas a vida nos mostra uma história diferente, estamos cansados ​​de ver gente boa sofrendo e gente ruim prosperando. Podemos reconhecer uma pessoa má e uma boa a uma milha de distância. Mas esquecemos que os julgamos pelo que vemos. Mas Deus os vê de dentro. E não estou dizendo que Deus concorda com o pensamento de que apenas pessoas más merecem sofrer. Estou dizendo que nosso julgamento sobre o bem e o mal não é preciso. Mas a justiça de Deus vai além do nosso entendimento, nunca saberemos porque algumas pessoas sofrem e outras sofrem menos. Digo isso porque não acredito que exista uma pessoa que não tenha sofrido na vida. Algumas pessoas lidam melhor com o sofrimento do que outras.


Vejamos Jó na Bíblia.

Jó era um homem bom, abençoado por Deus. Considerado por Deus um homem justo que o temia. Mas Satanás discorda de Deus e desafia a Deus que uma vez que Deus remova todas as bênçãos e riquezas de Jó, ele definitivamente amaldiçoará a Deus e se tornará outra pessoa. Eu digo que as chances são muito altas na vida de qualquer pessoa.

Em algum momento Jó, depois de ter perdido tudo, começou a duvidar do propósito de sua vida, passou a duvidar de Deus e viveu uma montanha russa de emoções. Não é exatamente assim quando estamos passando por um momento difícil? Ficamos perdidos em nossos pensamentos, principalmente se temos amigos que, em vez de nos confortar, começam a fazer alegações sobre o motivo de estarmos passando por isso.

Jó não merecia tudo isso, e ainda assim ele teve que passar por isso. A Bíblia não diz uma razão pela qual Deus permitiu que isso acontecesse com ele, mas tenho minhas conclusões sobre isso. Há muitas lições que podemos tirar do livro que vale a pena olhar. Jó diz à sua esposa algo assim: 'recebemos o bem, não devemos receber o mal também?'. Acho interessante porque gostamos de ser abençoados e tudo mais, mas somos sempre gratos? Algumas pessoas pegam a  parte ruim da vida, então por que temos sempre que ser os privilegiados? Se a chuva cai no bem e no mal, por que não devemos pegar uma pequena parte do que é ruim também? Um pouco de azar?

 

Quando estamos com dor, procuramos respostas, tentamos entender por que estamos com dor. Procuramos o culpado.

Na minha opinião, a dor nos faz pensar sobre uma ampla gama de coisas. Isso nos deixa de joelhos, nos humilha. Faz-nos ver o quão frágeis somos, e faz-nos pensar no futuro e depois da morte. A dor também mostra nosso verdadeiro eu e que tipo de pessoa somos. Algumas pessoas com dor querem proteger seus entes queridos da dor, algumas querem fazê-los pagar por isso e querem prejudicar os outros.

A justiça de Deus não pode ser medida pela dor que temos. A dor pode ser uma lição a ser aprendida, podem ser cabrestos para nos manter na linha.


Devemos mergulhar mais fundo com Deus quando estamos sofrendo, não em busca de justiça, mas em busca do que Ele está tentando nos mostrar. É sua grandeza, sua misericórdia, compaixão, seu poder ou é meu orgulho, minhas más tendências, minha necessidade dele? A dor nos muda. Quem nunca sentiu dor e não aprendeu nada?


A dor pode ser profunda e rápida ou superficial e longa. A dor pode ser no corpo físico ou em nossas mentes. A dor pode vir e ir embora e a dor pode vir e ficar até o dia em que morrermos. Não há regra para isso.

Viver com dor me fez ver o mundo de uma perspectiva diferente. Aprendi que não preciso de muito para sentí-la. Eu preciso muito não pensar nela. Aprendi o que é importante e o que priorizar; Aprendi que as aparências enganam. Posso rir, mas por dentro posso estar chorando; Eu posso estar chorando de dor, embora não me sinta nada triste.

 

Aprendi que Deus trabalha em nós com ferramentas muito diferentes. Nem sempre Ele curará nossos corpos, mas sempre curará nossas almas se estivermos dispostos a receber seus métodos. É a alma que dura para sempre. Este corpo perecerá de qualquer maneira. Sim, Ele cura o corpo quando a cura está em seu plano para fazê-lo. Devemos entender que não podemos forçar Deus a curar nossos corpos só porque afirmamos que temos fé. Deus é Deus e Ele faz o que quer. É isso. Isso deve ficar muito claro. Uma vez que devolvi o controle da minha vida a Ele (corpo e alma), tudo o que tenho a fazer é confiar que tudo é para o meu bem. Porque Ele disse assim. Não importa quanta dor meu corpo esteja sentindo. Ele carregou uma cruz enorme com o peso dos nossos pecados, e eu não consigo aguentar algumas horas? Ele morreu por mim, e eu não estou disposto a sofrer um pouco por ele? Se eu digo, ‘Eu vivo para Cristo’, eu devo estar disposta a morrer e a sofrer por Ele também.


Além disso, minha esperança está no futuro, meu futuro eterno. Tudo isso aqui vai passar. É tudo temporário.

Ele prometeu um novo corpo e neste novo corpo não sentirei dor. Então, eu estou realmente ansiosa para isso.

Não estou dizendo que por causa disso devemos negligenciar nossos corpos aqui. De jeito nenhum. Ele nos mandou cuidar dele porque é a casa dele. Então, farei o meu melhor para manter este corpo saudável e limpo.


Na minha dor também aprendi os limites do meu corpo, não sou a mulher maravilha, e acredito que Ele me fez assim. Ele me ama assim. Eu vejo Deus no meu caminho de amadurecimento através da dor.

Se você convive com a dor qualquer tipo de dor, apenas dê glória a Ele e tente aprender todos os ensinamentos que ele está fazendo através dela.

Se Deus quer lhe dar o dom da cura, Ele o fará no devido tempo. Mas às vezes Ele está oferecendo muito mais através de todo esse sofrimento e nos fechamos porque só queremos a cura que nunca entenderemos o que Ele está tentando fazer.

Recebi os dons da paciência, misericórdia, compaixão, sabedoria, amor e o reconhecimento da minha necessidade Dele que faz toda a diferença. Tudo isso não é algo apenas para meu benefício. Tudo isso é para o benefício dos outros. Aprendi a me identificar com as dores e sofrimentos dos outros, e aprendi a amar o diferente porque nunca sabemos porque as pessoas são do jeito que são e, para isso, precisamos dos dons que Deus está nos oferecendo.

Abra seu coração e receba.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe