Skip to main content

Translate

Who is in charge of your life? // Quem manda na sua vida?


 

I don’t know many people who really like the book of Job in the Bible. I didn’t know how much I appreciate this book until recently. 

The part I like the most is from Elihu forward. 

You know, the most part of the book Job’s friends are arguing about whose fault it is that Job is going through all that. Is he really guilty? If he is not, how can we think of a Just God?

So that is just the point of the book. We can’t.

Our notion of justice is too limited and far from God’s that we can’t make any sense of it. 

And I say that not because I am all wise, not at all. Because when Elihu speaks he shows that we know nothing, we are nothing compared to God’s greatness. Our standards for justice are nothing compared to God’s.  You see, God is perfect and we have no idea what is to be really perfect. Because we have never seen perfect, nothing made by man can be perfect. We missed our chance in the Garden of Eden. Everything God does is perfect.


When God finally speaks to Job, this is exactly what He is going to tell him. No one can understand God’s will. It is way too big for our minds. God asks Job: where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?

Can you even grasp the greatness of this? 

Who am I to even question God anything?

This weekend we sat to talk about ourselves (my husband and I) and I had this part of the Bible in my mind. I said we are creatures, we are servants, and we are in no position to question God’s plan for our lives. We need to obey and that is all. The servant won’t dare to question his master’s plans or choices. 

Sometimes, we think that we can order God around and make Him do whatever we want Him to do. No man, that is wrong. We must ask Him what we should do, and not the other way around. If I am not able to look around and see what He has done for me, that is my problem. First of all, He gave me life and has allowed me so many things on a daily basis, that I take for granted. If I am not able to recognize His power in the details of my life, I am not ready to see the big things yet. My life might not be the way I dreamed because my priorities are set wrong. If I set right my priorities, I might be able to see or even understand a little bit what God is doing, if I am not getting in the way and delaying his plans. God is preparing me for heaven. Earth is not the end. Death is not the end.

You see, we need to be willing to have Him master our lives. I cannot say His is my Lord and insist on doing things my way. It doesn’t work that way. I need to be submissive to His word. I need to learn my place as a daughter, and servant. I decided to give Him my life because I believed in Him, I trusted in Him, so I need to really surrender my life. Meaning that my life is no longer in my possession, it is not under my authority to govern. Technically my life has always been His. I just acknowledged that and stopped being stubborn and trying to give my life my decisions. 

My life has never been a sea of flowers, more of a sea of roses, with a lot of thorns. So what? 

There are roses and there are flowers, there are predators and there are preys. There are those with big cars, and there are those with buses and ubers. And that has nothing to do with deserving. Without Jesus, we all deserve death, with Jesus we all can go to heaven and live an eternal life with Him and not apart from Him. That is the point.

God made each one of us unique. With weaknesses and strengths. We don’t know ourselves well enough until we face problems and difficulties. A good life is not a really good life. A hard life is a life where we can fully explore ourselves and know our potential. If we don’t need something we never know we can do it. 

I think, sometimes, God pushes us to the brink of exhaustion and limit just for us to see how far we can go. How much we can handle, how versatile we can be. We need to be pushed to the limit of our strength and see how strong we are. Besides, He said He would be always with us. No reason for fear.

Life can be hard and painful. But look around, literally, look around, check out all the beauty and perfectness God made for us to admire, to see how much He loves and cares for us. 

Don’t you see if it were up to the human beings only the earth would be already gone? We would have already destroyed ourselves? The sin and all the consequences of our trespasses against Him and all His creation (including ourselves) are enough to destroy everything. But His mercy and love won’t allow it. It will be in His time. 

When I read chapters 38 and 39 of Job I feel so small and insignificant before all God’s creation and at the same time so carefully loved by Him because I know He knows my name and every little detail about me that the only response I would have to God is: Lord, have your way. You are majestically wonderful and all powerful that I surrender all and I accept all that you have for me. My pleasure is to know that you love and care for me, and my joy is to know that you want me to be completely yours. And yes, here I am.

The pain and the frustrations of this world are nothing compared to what you want to give me in the future. I choose to go through obediently just to see your face and be at your feet forever. Because I know all these here are temporary. The best part is yet to come. 

 

 

Não conheço muitas pessoas que realmente gostem do livro de Jó na Bíblia. Eu não sabia o quanto eu tinha apreciado este livro até recentemente.

A parte que eu mais gosto é do Eliú pra frente.

Você sabe, a maior parte do livro os amigos de Jó estão discutindo sobre de quem é a culpa de Jó estar passando por tudo isso. Ele é realmente culpado? Se ele não é, como podemos pensar em um Deus Justo?

Então esse é apenas o ponto do livro. Nós não podemos.

Nossa noção de justiça é tão limitada e distante da de Deus que não podemos entendê-la.

E eu digo isso não porque eu sou toda sábia, nem um pouco. Porque quando Eliú fala ele mostra que não sabemos nada, não somos nada comparados à grandeza de Deus. Nossos padrões de justiça não são nada comparados aos de Deus. Você vê, Deus é perfeito e não temos ideia do que é ser realmente perfeito. Porque nunca vimos perfeito, nada feito pelo homem pode ser perfeito. Perdemos nossa chance no Jardim do Éden. Tudo que Deus faz é perfeito.


Quando Deus finalmente fala com Jó, é exatamente isso que Ele vai dizer a ele. Ninguém pode entender a vontade de Deus. É muito grande para nossas mentes. Deus pergunta a Jó: onde você estava quando eu lancei os fundamentos da terra?

Você pode sequer entender a grandeza disso?

Quem sou eu para questionar qualquer coisa a Deus?

Este fim de semana sentamos para falar sobre nós mesmos (meu marido e eu) e eu tinha essa parte da Bíblia em mente. Eu disse que somos criaturas, somos servos e não estamos em posição de questionar o plano de Deus para nossas vidas. Precisamos obedecer e isso é tudo. O servo não se atreveria a questionar os planos ou escolhas de seu mestre.

Às vezes, pensamos que podemos dar ordens a Deus e fazê-lo fazer o que queremos que Ele faça. Não cara, isso está errado. Devemos perguntar a Ele o que devemos fazer, e não o contrário. Se não sou capaz de olhar em volta e ver o que Ele tem feito por mim, o problema é meu. Em primeiro lugar, Ele me deu a vida e me permitiu tantas coisas diariamente, que eu tomo como certas. Se não sou capaz de reconhecer Seu poder nos detalhes da minha vida, ainda não estou pronto para ver as grandes coisas. Minha vida pode não ser do jeito que sonhei porque minhas prioridades estão erradas. Se eu definir minhas prioridades, talvez consiga ver ou até entender um pouco o que Deus está fazendo, se não estiver atrapalhando e atrasando seus planos. Deus está me preparando para o céu. A Terra não é o fim. A morte não é o fim.

Veja, precisamos estar dispostos a que Ele domine nossas vidas. Não posso dizer que Ele é meu Senhor e insistir em fazer as coisas do meu jeito. Não funciona assim. Eu preciso ser submisso à Sua palavra. Preciso aprender meu lugar como filha e serva. Eu decidi dar a Ele minha vida porque eu acreditei Nele, eu confiei Nele, então eu realmente preciso entregar minha vida. Significando que minha vida não está mais em minha posse, não está sob minha autoridade para governar. Tecnicamente, minha vida sempre foi Dele. Eu apenas reconheci isso e parei de ser teimosa e tentar dar a minha vida minhas decisões.

Minha vida nunca foi um mar de flores, está mais para um mar de rosas, com muitos espinhos. E daí?

Há rosas e há flores, há predadores e há presas. Há aqueles com carros grandes, e há aqueles com ônibus e ubers. E isso não tem nada a ver com merecimento. Sem Jesus todos merecemos a morte, com Jesus todos podemos ir para o céu e viver uma vida eterna com Ele e não separados Dele. Esse é o ponto.

Deus fez cada um de nós único. Com pontos fracos e fortes. Não nos conhecemos bem o suficiente até enfrentarmos problemas e dificuldades. Uma boa vida não é realmente uma boa vida. Uma vida difícil é a vida em que podemos nos explorar plenamente e conhecer nosso potencial. Se não precisamos de algo, nunca sabemos que podemos fazer.

Acho que, às vezes, Deus nos leva à beira da exaustão e do limite só para vermos até onde podemos ir. O quanto podemos lidar, o quanto podemos ser versáteis. Precisamos ser levados ao limite de nossas forças e ver o quão fortes somos. Além disso, He disse que Ele estaria sempre conosco. Sem razão para ter medo.

A vida pode ser dura e dolorosa. Mas olhe ao redor, literalmente, olhe ao redor, confira toda a beleza e perfeição que Deus fez para nós admirarmos, para ver o quanto Ele nos ama e cuida de nós.

Você não vê se dependesse dos seres humanos apenas a terra já teria desaparecido? Já teríamos nos destruído? O pecado e todas as consequências de nossas transgressões contra Ele e toda a Sua criação (incluindo nós mesmos) são suficientes para destruir tudo. Mas Sua misericórdia e amor não permitirão isso. Será no tempo Dele.

Quando leio os capítulos 38 e 39 de Jó me sinto tão pequena e insignificante diante de toda a criação de Deus e ao mesmo tempo tão cuidadosamente amada por Ele porque sei que Ele conhece meu nome e cada pequeno detalhe sobre mim que a única resposta que eu teria para Deus é: Senhor, faça o seu caminho. Você é majestosamente maravilhoso e todo poderoso que eu entrego tudo e aceito tudo o que você tem para mim. Meu prazer é saber que você me ama e cuida de mim, e minha alegria é saber que você quer que eu seja completamente sua. E sim, aqui estou.

A dor, as frustrações deste mundo não são nada comparadas ao que você quer me dar no futuro. Eu escolho passar obedientemente apenas para ver seu rosto e estar aos seus pés para sempre. Porque eu sei que tudo isso aqui é temporário. A melhor parte ainda está por vir.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe