Skip to main content

Translate

Hope, Peace, Love and Joy // Esperança, Paz, Amor e Alegria


 

Advent.

I have learned that this season precedes Christmas. What is Christmas? It is the celebration of Jesus. Therefore, Advent is the waiting room for the arrival of Jesus, The Messiah. 


And what does that mean? The Messiah? From Hebrew mashiaḥ, “anointed,” in Judaism, the expected king of the Davidic line who would deliver Israel from foreign bondage and restore the glories of its golden age. However, the prophets prophesied that the Messiah would come like a servant, and he needed to die. It is written in Isaiah 52:13 – 53. “…because  he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.”

 

So, who are the transgressors that Jesus had to die for? We are.  “out of the anguish of his soul, he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities. V.11.

 

So that was the purpose of Jesus. He came to die for us, to satisfy the wrath of God. Out of love, he planned all along to come as human, like a baby, to feel in the skin what we go through every day. To live a life just like ours. And bear our sins, so we should not die and be apart from him forever. He came to set us free from our life of sin, the same sins that kindle God’s anger.

 

That is why Christmas is such a big deal. If it weren’t for this, we would all be condemned to die and go to hell and have a forever punishment. But God the Son decided to do something for us, and yet let us choose what we want to do with our souls.

 

The advent is for us to reflect on what it means Christmas. 

Jesus first coming means hope, joy, love, and peace. 

 

Why hope? Psalm 62:1-2 says, “For God alone, my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken”. 

 

My soul hopes in God. I would be hopeless if I did not have God. I see in many people who don’t know God, who reject God and all His plan of salvation, they are often shaken by the troubles of this world. Jesus brought hope. Because in Him, I know I have a place to let my soul rest. I know when everything seems lost and dark. I know that is not the end. That Jesus is there for me. I don’t need to worry because I know He is my rock; in Him, I hope. Because of His love for me.

 

Therefore, I have peace. I need not to fear. He provides everything to me.  Psalm 65:4: “Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple!” It is also said that He is the Prince of Peace. So, If I seek him, He’ll come to me, and He will fill my life, all my being, with his peace. So big a peace that the world can’t understand.

 

How can I not love the one who fills my life with hope and peace?

Psalm 116:1, 8-9. “I love the LORD because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. For you have delivered me my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living” Psalm 118:5-7. “Out of my distress I called on the LORD, the LORD answered me and set me free. The LORD is on my side. I will not fear. What can man do to me? The LORD is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.”

 

Tell me, what happens when a person is in love? His face shines, and there is a smile in his mouth. The world seems more beautiful, and we have more patience and joy, and everything seems to fit in its right place. Only love can do this to a person. Because Love comes from God. When we are in love with God, we see life better, we have hope, we have peace, we have joy, and no matter what, we won’t fear. Because He is with us. Jesus came so we could have God close to us, among us, within us. So we could have an abundant life. God never meant for us to be in distress, depressed, or angry. God created us so we could love Him and loving Him would fill us with all these wonderful feelings that we only have a glimpse of what they mean. 

 

 So yes, Christmas is a beautiful season, full of hope, joy, love and peace. 

If you want to know more about God, read His Word. Maybe you can start with Psalms.

 

Advento.

Aprendi que esta época antecede o Natal. O que é o Natal? É a celebração do nascimento de Jesus. Portanto, o Advento é a sala de espera da chegada de Jesus, o Messias.


E o que isso significa? O Messias? Do hebraico mashiaḥ, “ungido”, no judaísmo, o esperado rei da linhagem davídica que libertaria Israel da escravidão estrangeira e restauraria as glórias de sua idade de ouro. Contudo, os profetas profetizaram que o Messias viria como um servo, e ele precisava morrer. Está escrito em Isaías 52:13-53. “…porque derramou a sua alma na morte e foi contado com os transgressores; contudo, ele levou sobre si o pecado de muitos e intercedeu pelos transgressores.”

 

Então, quem são os transgressores pelos quais Jesus teve que morrer? Nós somos. “da angústia de sua alma, ele verá e ficará satisfeito; pelo seu conhecimento o justo, meu servo, fará com que muitos sejam considerados justos, e ele levará sobre si as suas iniqüidades. V.11.

 

Então esse era o propósito de Jesus. Ele veio para morrer por nós, para satisfazer a ira de Deus. Por amor, ele planejou o tempo todo vir como humano, como um bebê, para sentir na pele o que passamos todos os dias. Para viver uma vida como a nossa. E carregar nossos pecados, para que não morramos e fiquemos separados dele para sempre. Ele veio para nos libertar da nossa vida de pecado, os mesmos pecados que acendem a ira de Deus.

 

É por isso que o Natal é tão importante. Se não fosse por isso, todos estaríamos condenados a morrer e ir para o inferno e ter um castigo eterno. Mas Deus, o Filho, decidiu fazer algo por nós e, ainda assim, deixou-nos escolher o que queremos fazer com as nossas almas.

 

O advento serve para refletirmos sobre o que significa o Natal.

A primeira vinda de Jesus significa esperança, alegria, amor e paz.

 

Por que esperança? O Salmo 62:1-2 diz: “Somente em Deus a minha alma espera em silêncio; dele vem minha salvação. Só ele é minha rocha e minha salvação, minha fortaleza; Não ficarei muito abalado”.

 

Minha alma espera em Deus. Eu não teria esperança se não tivesse Deus. Vejo em muitas pessoas que não conhecem a Deus, que rejeitam a Deus e todo o Seu plano de salvação, muitas vezes são abaladas pelos problemas deste mundo. Jesus trouxe esperança. Porque Nele sei que tenho um lugar para descansar minha alma. Eu sei quando tudo parece perdido e escuro. Eu sei que isso não é o fim. Que Jesus está lá para mim. Não preciso me preocupar porque sei que Ele é minha rocha; Nele, espero. Por causa do Seu amor por mim.

 

Portanto, tenho paz. Eu não preciso temer. Ele fornece tudo para mim. Salmos 65:4: “Bem-aventurado aquele que você escolhe e aproxima para habitar em seus átrios! Ficaremos satisfeitos com a bondade da sua casa, a santidade do seu templo!” Também é dito que Ele é o Príncipe da Paz. Então, se eu o buscar, Ele virá até mim e encherá minha vida, todo o meu ser, com sua paz. Uma paz tão grande que o mundo não consegue entender.

 

Como posso não amar aquele que enche minha vida de esperança e paz?

Salmo 116:1, 8-9. “Eu amo o Senhor porque ele ouviu a minha voz e os meus pedidos de misericórdia. Pois tu me livraste da morte a minha alma, os meus olhos das lágrimas, os meus pés do tropeço. Andarei diante do Senhor na terra dos viventes” Salmos 118:5-7. “Na minha angústia invoquei o Senhor, o Senhor me respondeu e me libertou. O SENHOR está do meu lado. Eu não vou temer. O que o homem pode fazer comigo? O Senhor está ao meu lado como meu ajudador; Olharei com triunfo para aqueles que me odeiam.”

 

Diga-me, o que acontece quando uma pessoa está apaixonada? Seu rosto brilha e há um sorriso em sua boca. O mundo parece mais bonito, temos mais paciência e alegria, e tudo parece se encaixar no seu devido lugar. Só o amor pode fazer isso com uma pessoa. Porque o Amor vem de Deus. Quando estamos apaixonados por Deus, vemos a vida melhor, temos esperança, temos paz, temos alegria e, aconteça o que acontecer, não teremos medo. Porque Ele está conosco. Jesus veio para que pudéssemos ter Deus perto de nós, entre nós, dentro de nós. Assim poderíamos ter uma vida abundante. Deus nunca quis que ficássemos angustiados, deprimidos ou com raiva. Deus nos criou para que pudéssemos amá-Lo e amá-Lo nos encheria de todos esses sentimentos maravilhosos que só temos um vislumbre do que significam.

 

  Então sim, o Natal é uma época linda, cheia de esperança, alegria, amor e paz.

Se você quiser saber mais sobre Deus, leia Sua Palavra. Talvez você possa começar com Salmos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe