Skip to main content

Translate

How long will you go limping between two different opinions?// Até quando você vai mancar entre duas opiniões diferentes?


 


One day I'll go there.
Um dia eu vou lá

How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him. (1 Kings 18:21b).” 

Now set your mind and heart and seek the LORD your God. Arise and build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that the ark of the covenant of the LORD God and the holy vessels of God may be brought into a house built for the name of the LORD.” (1 Chronicles 22:19)

 

There are days when I have nothing to say and days when I have plenty. Today, I don’t have much, I think. My mind is blank as I type these words. 

 

However, when I sat down here, I opened my Bible, not really sure what I was going to do. I opened the chapter I’d just read, and this first verse was underlined. Then I moved some pages, and I saw the verse that was also underlined. Both verses are from different stories, but I think when I put the two together, they are telling me something very particular. 

 

This is election year in many places. Are you sure you have your heart in the right place? What are you looking at in the candidates? What should you be looking for in them? I know; when I talk this way, I make this so much more complicated. I also see the lack of good options. We are between the bad and worse. It's not a good scenario for the future. At least, set your mind and heart and seek the LORD, let the rest with God. It is not worth arguing or fighting for politicians A or B. They certainly don’t know you and don’t care about you. But only set your mind and heart and seek God, because now He knows about you and cares so much about you. 

 

Is it not politics that troubles your mind? You don’t know what to believe in. I think this one is easier than the first condition I mentioned. 

 

I like watching Korean TV shows, both the silly ones and the not-so-silly ones. I am watching one now that is set in a National Park. The interesting fact about Korean shows is that sometimes they are more Christian-like, and sometimes they are very Buddhist. This is very Buddhist. They believe in many different things compared to our Christian tradition. In this set, they see the mountain as a very spiritual ground where the spirits roam and have some powers. When I look at the scenes, and all the wonderful nature (this is what caught my attention), the grandiose of Jiri Mountains, the only thing I see is God’s art play in the display. I have no doubt about what God I want to serve. My only opinion is that The LORD is God, and I am following Him. Because no human could make such an amazing place. The more I watch, the more I want to be closer to this God. If He made Jiri Mountains, what can’t He do for me? 

 

My God is powerful, unlimited, unending, eternal, and has no beginning or end. Who can stand against Him? 

 

I mean no disrespect for Buddhists. You do your things, I’ll do mine, but just take a look around. What kind of God do you want to bow down before? I don’t know anything about Buddhism, I just know that my God came down to Earth and then went back up to heaven. My God gives me unending joy and hope; I know that my death only tells me that I’ll finally be able to see my God face to face. I will be the same Hadassa with a new body and eternal life, with a new heart and no more sin to take me away from His presence. My death is only the doorway to an eternity full of love and joy. The best part is that it is by the grace and love of Jesus. Because I know I don’t deserve it. He will give it to me because I believed in Him and did my best to follow His commandments.

Até quando você vai mancar entre duas opiniões diferentes? Se o Senhor é Deus, siga-o. (1 Reis 18:21b).

Agora, prepare a sua mente e o seu coração e busque o Senhor, o seu Deus. Levante-se e construa o santuário do Senhor Deus, para que a arca da aliança do Senhor Deus e os vasos sagrados de Deus sejam levados para uma casa construída ao nome do Senhor”. (1 Crônicas 22:19)

 

Há dias em que não tenho nada a dizer e dias em que tenho muito. Hoje não tenho muito, eu acho. Minha mente está em branco enquanto digito essas palavras.

 

No entanto, quando me sentei aqui, abri minha Bíblia, sem ter certeza do que iria fazer. Abri o capítulo que acabei de ler e este primeiro versículo estava sublinhado. Aí movi algumas páginas e vi o versículo que também estava sublinhado. Ambos os versículos são de histórias diferentes, mas acho que quando juntei os dois, eles estão me contando algo muito particular.

 

Este é ano de eleições em muitos lugares. Tem certeza de que seu coração está no lugar certo? O que você está vendo nos candidatos? O que você deve procurar neles? Eu sei; quando falo assim, torno tudo muito mais complicado. Também vejo falta de boas opções. Estamos entre o ruim e o pior. Não é um bom cenário para o futuro. Pelo menos, coloque sua mente e coração e busque ao Senhor, deixe o resto com Deus. Não vale a pena discutir ou brigar pelos políticos A ou B. Eles certamente não te conhecem e não se importam com você. Mas apenas coloque sua mente e coração e busque a Deus, porque agora Ele sabe sobre você e se preocupa muito com você.

 

Não é a política que perturba a sua mente? Você não sabe em que acreditar. Acho que esta é mais fácil do que a primeira condição que mencionei.

 

Gosto de assistir programas de TV coreanos, tanto os bobos quanto os não tão bobos. Estou assistindo um agora que se passa em um Parque Nacional. O fato interessante sobre os programas coreanos é que às vezes eles são mais cristãos e às vezes são muito budistas. Este é muito budista. Eles acreditam em muitas coisas diferentes em comparação com a nossa tradição cristã. Nesta serie, eles veem a montanha como um terreno muito espiritual onde os espíritos vagam e possuem alguns poderes. Quando olho as cenas, e toda a natureza maravilhosa (foi isso que me chamou a atenção), a grandiosidade das Montanhas Jiri, a única coisa que vejo é a peça de arte de Deus em exposição. Não tenho dúvidas sobre a que Deus quero servir. Minha única opinião é que o Senhor é Deus e eu O sigo. Porque nenhum humano poderia fazer um lugar tão incrível. Quanto mais assisto, mais quero estar mais perto desse Deus. Se Ele fez as Montanhas Jiri, o que Ele não pode fazer por mim?

 

Meu Deus é poderoso, ilimitado, interminável, eterno e não tem começo nem fim. Quem pode ficar contra Ele?

 

Não quero desrespeitar os budistas. Você faz as suas coisas, eu faço as minhas, mas dê uma olhada ao redor. Que tipo de Deus você deseja se curvar diante? Não sei nada sobre o budismo, só sei que meu Deus desceu à Terra e depois voltou ao céu. Meu Deus me dá alegria e esperança sem fim; Sei que minha morte apenas me diz que finalmente poderei ver meu Deus face a face. Serei a mesma Hadassa com um novo corpo e vida eterna, com um novo coração e sem mais pecados para me afastar de Sua presença. Minha morte é apenas a porta para uma eternidade cheia de amor e alegria. A melhor parte é que é pela graça e amor de Jesus. Porque eu sei que não mereço isso. Ele vai me dar porque eu acreditei Nele e fiz o meu melhor para seguir Seus mandamentos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe