Skip to main content

Translate

I was thinking ...// Eu estava pensando




Here I am, at home, making dinner to my husband and I was remembering how shocking it is to talk about religion when the god of the person is the Self-god.

When you have a god (any god), the most important thing is to please this god. I have my God, the One I believe He is the only God. I would die if necessary for him. I follow His commandments and I read His words and I believe that He hears me and answers my prayers. So, my God is this Supernatural, Almighty, the Great Creator, maker of the heavens and earth. There is nothing impossible for Him. This is the God I believe in. I trust Him with my life. 

 

We know the relationship between a person and his/her God (any god) is like this. We know the Muslims also die for their God and the Jews also have died for God. 

 

People who have the Self-god don’t understand any of this.

They don’t understand the laws, the love, the charity, the respect for one another. Because their god is themselves. They only want to please themselves, they pretend they care about others but deep inside the only thing that is important is themselves. 

 

When I say that I make bread, pies, and cake and give them away just because I felt like, that I don’t expect anything in return I hear something like: I wouldn’t waste my money on people. 


I said that it isn’t wasting money. It is love. This is the way I show how I love people. My God gave me this gift, besides the baking gift He gave me a good heart, a generous heart. A heart that when I look at people I see them. I don’t see “what I can get from that person”, I see “maybe this person would be happy with bread”; or something like “who wouldn’t love a muffin or brownie with a cup of coffee in the middle of the day”? 

A person whose god is the Self can’t see past themselves. 

 

When we talk about religion and we say, “My God abhors that thing” it is outrageous for these people. But these people don’t understand that any system to work needs laws, rules, and people who are willing to do sacrifices to make that work. 

 

A society without rules is not a society, it is anarchy. And we know that anarchy doesn’t work. How can a group of people make anything work if the only respect they have is for their own self? The others' lives are worthless compared to theirs. (they might not admit it) “My life, my career, my time are worthier than yours, and if I need to step on you, I will.” That is an exaggeration, but even though, we know there are people like that. 

 

Religion is like a society. There are laws and rules. If you don’t like them, feel free to leave. 

Religion is not a cult where people don’t have that choice. 

Christians mostly do things without expecting anything in return. Because they do it for love. Love of God and love the other. It is our law. 

 

So, my conclusion of people whose the only god they know is self-god is that they have no idea what it means to be happy with the happiness of the other, truly happy. They don’t like laws or rules because they might affect their selfish way of thinking. They hide behind an open mind, but their mind is set on themselves. Anything that deviates from that is weird, wrong, or doesn’t make sense to them. 

 

I would say it is a pretty sad life this one. One lives to oneself, only please oneself, it is a pretty lonely life. A life that they can’t see how to share. Because sharing a life means sacrifices. And they only do that if they are going to get something back  from it. 

 

This was me.. thinking.

 

 

Aqui estou eu, em casa, fazendo o jantar para meu marido e lembrando como é chocante falar de religião quando o deus da pessoa é o deus-eu-mesmo.

Quando você tem um deus (qualquer deus), o mais importante é agradar esse deus. Eu tenho o meu Deus, Aquele que eu creio que Ele é o único Deus. Eu morreria se necessário por ele. Sigo Seus mandamentos, leio Suas palavras e acredito que Ele me ouve e responde minhas orações. Então, meu Deus é este Sobrenatural, Todo-Poderoso, o Grande Criador dos céus e da terra. Não há nada impossível para Ele. Este é o Deus em que acredito. Confio nele com minha vida.

 

Sabemos que a relação entre uma pessoa e seu Deus (qualquer deus) é assim. Sabemos que os muçulmanos também morrem por seu Deus e os judeus também morrem por Deus.

 

As pessoas que têm o deus-eu-mesmo não entendem nada disso.

Não entendem as leis, o amor, a caridade, o respeito mútuo. Porque o deus deles são eles mesmos. Eles só querem agradar a si mesmos, fingem que se preocupam com os outros, mas no fundo a única coisa que importa são eles mesmos.

 

Quando digo que faço pães, tortas e bolos e distribuo só porque tenho vontade e que não espero nada em troca, ouço algo como: eu não gastaria meu dinheiro com as pessoas.


Eu disse que não é desperdiçar dinheiro. É amor. É assim que mostro como amo as pessoas. Meu Deus me deu esse dom, além do dom de panificação Ele me deu um coração bom, um coração generoso. Um coração que quando olho para as pessoas eu as vejo. Não vejo “o que posso conseguir dessa pessoa”, vejo “talvez essa pessoa ficaria feliz com pão”; ou algo como “quem não gostaria de um muffin ou brownie com uma xícara de café no meio do dia”?

Uma pessoa cujo deus é o deus-eu-mesmo não pode ver além de si mesma.

 

Quando falamos sobre religião e dizemos: “Meu Deus abomina isso”, é ultrajante para estas pessoas. Mas estas pessoas não entendem que qualquer sistema para funcionar precisa de leis, regras e pessoas dispostas a fazer sacrifícios para que funcione.

 

Uma sociedade sem regras não é uma sociedade, é uma anarquia. E sabemos que a anarquia não funciona. Como um grupo de pessoas pode fazer algo funcionar se o único respeito que eles têm é por si mesmos? A vida dos outros não vale nada em comparação com a deles. (eles podem não admitir) “Minha vida, minha carreira, meu tempo valem mais que o seu, e se eu precisar pisar em você, pisarei.” Isso é um exagero, mesmo assim sabemos que existem pessoas assim.

 

A religião é como uma sociedade. Existem leis e regras. Se você não gosta deles, sinta-se à vontade para sair.

A religião não é um culto onde as pessoas não têm essa escolha.

Os cristãos geralmente fazem coisas sem esperar nada em troca. Porque eles fazem isso por amor. Amor a Deus e amor ao próximo. É a nossa lei.

 

Então, minha conclusão de pessoas cujo único deus que elas conhecem é o deus-eu-mesmo é que eles não têm ideia do que significa ser feliz com a felicidade do outro, verdadeiramente feliz. Eles não gostam de leis ou regras porque podem afetar sua maneira egoísta de pensar. Eles se escondem atrás de uma mente aberta, mas sua mente está voltada para si mesmos. Qualquer coisa que se desvie disso é estranho, errado ou não faz sentido para eles.

 

Eu diria que é uma vida muito triste esta. Vive-se para si mesmo, apenas para agradar a si mesmo, é uma vida bastante solitária. Uma vida que eles não conseguem ver como compartilhar. Porque compartilhar uma vida significa sacrifícios. E eles só farão isso se eles vão ganhar algo em troca.

 

Este era eu .. pensando.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe