Skip to main content

Translate

We must rule over it // Nós devemos dominá-los


 

I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping. My eye wastes away because of grief; it grows weak because of all my foes. Depart from me, all you workers of evil, for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD accepts my prayer.” Psalm 6:6-9

 

I have talked a lot about Fibromyalgia already. But I haven’t really talked about depression. Some people say, “It doesn’t exist; it is just in her head,” or “Why are you sad? You have a good life; there is no reason for you to be like that,” and so many other things that people say because fortunately, they have never been through it. 

 

Let me explain the way I experience it. First, I have been battling depression for as long as I can remember. 

We don’t choose to be sad. We don’t choose to cry. We don’t choose to desire to die. Yes, there is no reason to be sad about it most of the time. And that is sad. Because we can’t explain the reason our brains don’t find joy in anything. Nothing really matters if you talk to me, good. If you don’t talk to me, good. I don’t care. See? Life seems just like an obligation. 

 

Some people get sad because of something that happened; they got sacked or lost someone. Other people get sad. Nothing happened. It is just that. Some people went through a rough time long ago, and suddenly, they lose their ability to cope. Sometimes, they don’t even remember that something bad happened, and yet, they get depressed. People who were abused during childhood, they for sure suffer from depression. Any kind of abuse may be a reason for depression.

The brain loses the ability to cope. Stop releasing some neurotransmitters, and because of that, some circuits just get messed up.

 

In the case of David, he was persecuted for ten years by his father-in-law, who wanted him dead. He had to live in caves, running from the king’s soldiers. 

Who wouldn’t be depressed? It is tiring to be on the run; it is tiring to run from heavy thoughts all the time. We cry. We cry at night when no one can see or listen. We cry during the day. We have this urge to shout so everybody can hear that we feel trapped inside of our heads. 

 

But there is a way out. There always is. It is Jesus. He helps to carry this cross. He gives us the strength to keep going. To look forward when we feel there is nothing to look forward to. Jesus reminds us that it is just temporary. Soon we’ll be free. We need to be strong. 

 

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40:1-3

 

When I pray, when I really surrender, I feel Him by my side, saying that He is there to hold my hand. He tells me that I need to go on. My life is worthy because He bought it with His life. He wants me to live a full life. Sometimes, I feel worthless, useless, just a burden. But He reminds me that He already took that burden. I have no burden, and I am no burden to anyone. He reminds me that I am alive because He loves me, and I am winning this battle when I keep going. The devil tries to deceive me with horrible thoughts, but I need to constantly remember that Jesus bought me, I am his, and the devil has no power over me. I can’t let him rule over my life. 

 

God is with us. Believe in this. We are never alone. He is working for us. We may not see, but He is. 

Jesus died for me and rose from the dead to show everybody that we’ll all rise from the dead one day, too, and we will see our bodies glorified, and all that sadness will be gone. He promised no more tears, no more cry. This is my only hope. That I won’t be sad forever, I will be free from this ragged body and this mal-functioning brain. 

 

I don’t know about your pain, but Jesus knows and understands you. 

Bad thoughts come from the evil one. We must rule over it. (Genesis 4:7)

Only Jesus can help us with this. How? Believing in Him and all His promises. We can find joy when we praise Him. We find hope in His promises. These change all our brain chemistry.

It is all in our heads. We must reject all the lies the devil says. 

Yesterday, I was throwing a pity party for myself. Then I realized what I was doing (I believe Jesus showed me), so I stopped and decided not to pity myself anymore. I ruled over it. I won. Those thoughts went away.


"Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.” Psalm 43:5


 

Remember and accept it. Ask Jesus for help to rule over the devil’s lies.


May the God of Peace crush Satan under your feet, and the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. (Romans 16:20)

 

Estou cansado dos meus gemidos; todas as noites inundo minha cama com lágrimas; Encharco meu sofá com meu choro. Os meus olhos desfalecem de tristeza; ele fica fraco por causa de todos os meus inimigos. Afastem-se de mim, todos vocês que praticam o mal, pois o Senhor ouviu o som do meu choro. O Senhor ouviu a minha súplica; o Senhor aceita a minha oração”. Salmo 6:6-9

 

Já tenho falado muito sobre fibromialgia. Mas eu não falei muito sobre depressão. Algumas pessoas dizem: “Isso não existe; está apenas na cabeça dela” ou “Por que você está triste? Você tem uma vida boa; não há razão para você ser assim”, e tantas outras coisas que as pessoas dizem porque, felizmente, nunca passaram por isso.

 

Deixe-me explicar como eu experimento isso. Primeiro, tenho lutado contra a depressão desde que me lembro.

Não escolhemos ficar tristes. Não escolhemos chorar. Não escolhemos desejar morrer. Sim, não há razão para ficar triste na maioria das vezes. E isso é triste. Porque não conseguimos explicar a razão pela qual o nosso cérebro não encontra alegria em nada. Nada realmente importa se você falar comigo, ótimo. Se você não falar comigo, ótimo. Eu não ligo. Ver? A vida parece uma obrigação.

 

Algumas pessoas ficam tristes por causa de algo que aconteceu; eles foram demitidos ou perderam alguém. Outras pessoas ficam tristes. Nada aconteceu. É só isso. Algumas pessoas passaram por momentos difíceis há muito tempo e, de repente, perderam a capacidade de lidar com a situação. Às vezes, eles nem lembram que algo ruim aconteceu e, ainda assim ficam deprimidos. Pessoas que foram abusadas durante a infância, com certeza sofrem de depressão. Qualquer tipo de abuso pode ser motivo de depressão.

O cérebro perde a capacidade de lidar com a situação. Para de liberar alguns neurotransmissores e, por causa disso, alguns circuitos ficam confusos.

 

No caso de David, ele foi perseguido durante dez anos pelo sogro, que o queria morto. Ele teve que viver em cavernas, fugindo dos soldados do rei.

Quem não ficaria deprimido? É cansativo estar fugindo; é cansativo fugir de pensamentos pesados o tempo todo. Nós choramos. Choramos à noite quando ninguém pode ver ou ouvir. Choramos durante o dia. Temos essa vontade de gritar para que todos possam ouvir que nos sentimos presos dentro de nossas cabeças.

 

Mas há uma saída. Sempre existe. É Jesus. Ele ajuda a carregar esta cruz. Ele nos dá forças para continuar. Olhar para frente quando sentimos que não há nada pelo que esperar. Jesus nos lembra que é apenas temporário. Em breve estaremos livres. Precisamos ser fortes.

 

“Esperei pacientemente pelo Senhor; ele se inclinou para mim e ouviu meu choro. Ele me tirou do poço da destruição, do pântano lamacento, e colocou meus pés sobre uma rocha, tornando meus passos seguros. Ele colocou uma nova canção em minha boca, uma canção de louvor ao nosso Deus. Muitos verão e temerão, e confiarão no Senhor”. Salmo 40:1-3

 

Quando oro, quando realmente me entrego, sinto-O ao meu lado, dizendo que Ele está ali para segurar minha mão. Ele me diz que preciso continuar. Minha vida vale a pena porque Ele a comprou com Sua vida. Ele quer que eu viva uma vida plena. Às vezes me sinto sem valor, inútil, apenas um fardo. Mas Ele me lembra que já assumiu esse fardo. Não tenho nenhum fardo e não sou um fardo para ninguém. Ele me lembra que estou viva porque Ele me ama e que estou vencendo essa batalha quando continuo. O diabo tenta me enganar com pensamentos horríveis, mas preciso lembrar constantemente que Jesus me comprou, eu sou dele e o diabo não tem poder sobre mim. Não posso deixá-lo governar minha vida.

 

Deus está conosco. Acredite nisso. Nunca estamos sozinhos. Ele está trabalhando para nós. Podemos não ver, mas Ele está.

Jesus morreu por mim e ressuscitou dos mortos para mostrar a todos que um dia todos nós ressuscitaremos dos mortos, e veremos nossos corpos glorificados, e toda aquela tristeza desaparecerá. Ele prometeu não mais lágrimas, não mais choro. Esta é minha única esperança. Que não ficarei triste para sempre, estarei livre deste corpo esfarrapado e deste cérebro com mau funcionamento.

 

Não sei sobre a sua dor, mas Jesus conhece e entende você.

Os maus pensamentos vêm do maligno. Devemos dominá-los. (Gênesis 4:7)

Somente Jesus pode nos ajudar nisso. Como? Acreditar Nele e em todas as Suas promessas. Podemos encontrar alegria quando O louvamos. Encontramos esperança em Suas promessas. Isso muda toda a química do nosso cérebro.

Está tudo em nossas cabeças. Devemos rejeitar todas as mentiras que o diabo diz.

Ontem, eu estava dando uma festa de auto-piedade. Então percebi o que estava fazendo (acredito que Jesus me mostrou), então parei e decidi não ter mais pena de mim mesmo. Eu governei sobre isso. Eu venci. Esses pensamentos foram embora.


"Por que você está abatida, ó minha alma, e por que você está perturbada dentro de mim? Espera em Deus; pois eu o louvarei novamente, minha salvação e meu Deus." Salmo 43:5

 

Lembre-se e aceite-o. Peça ajuda a Jesus para governar as mentiras do diabo.


Que o Deus da Paz esmague Satanás sob seus pés, e a graça de nosso Senhor Jesus esteja com você. (Romanos 16:20)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe