Skip to main content

Translate

Anxiety is a thief // Ansiedade é um ladrão



Anxiety. A word that almost everybody has used lately. Do you feel anxious? Are you consider yourself as an anxious person? Would you like to live without it? I have overcome anxiety. I put it behind me. How? Yes, I have tried with medicine once, it didn’t work. Does it work with you? Are you trying with relaxation methods? Does it work? Just for a while, right? Anxiety robs you your joy, your sleep, and your present.

My solution was not in human methods. I learned to recognize in me the signs. Can you recognize in yourself the signs of your anxiety? They are like a chain of events, and also like a vicious cycle. Once you’re in, it is hard to get out.

Can you give yourself a plausible explanation of why you are anxious? Does your anxiety solve any of the problems? Jesus said that your worries won’t add an hour in your day (Matthew 6:27) Why suffer? Who are you trying to please? If the solution is at your hands, so do it. If you have done everything in your power already, so let it go. There is nothing else you can do.

Psalms 62, talks about hope. Where is your hope comes from? What do you hope for?
You gotta be rational. Do you understand? You do your part and let God does His. He is going to do the best for you if you let Him. Once you realize the signals of your anxiety rooting in, and right before you get in the vicious cycle, you rationalize that you have no power to control the situation, you have no power over tomorrow or over nobody. You have done everything you could.
Now it is time to rest. It is time to let God do His job.  For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope, is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us” (Psalm 62: 5- 8). Once you cast your anxieties out of your mind and replace with these thoughts: “I trust that God has everything under control. I trust in Him with all my heart, and my mind. I no longer need to worry about it, because He will take care of the things I cannot. He is my refuge, my fortress, I will not be shaken.

When I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I realized that I couldn’t sleep, and I was terribly impatient and irritable. When I learned that FM didn’t have a cure, I was the one to control the symptoms, I needed to learn that by myself I was incapable of controlling it. For many years I struggled with the symptoms until I realized that the worst of them was the anxiety; I had to control my mind. I had to give something else to my brain to think about and relax, so all the other symptoms would subside. I stopped worrying. I let all go. I started thinking that God will take care of that and that. And I started to feel better. I learned to choose which problem I should give the luxury to worry. I couldn’t keep worrying about all the stuff I used to. It was nonsense, madness. I started choosing up to a point that I worry no more. When I can do something, I do it. If the thing is not in my hands, I won’t worry.

I hope in God that you can see the truth in it. Just let it go. Control yourself. You are the boss. The anxiety is a thief. It robs you your present, your joy, and your life. Every time you see yourself worrying for something you cannot do a thing at that moment, just pray and ask God to give you the joy and peace you need and ask Him to take care of that thing you were worrying. In the right time, you see how beautiful life can be. There is no other cure for anxiety, but God.
Ansiedade. Uma palavra que quase todo mundo tem usado ultimamente. Você se sente ansioso? Você se considera uma pessoa ansiosa? Gostaria de viver sem ele? Eu superei a ansiedade. Deixei para trás. Como? Sim, eu tentei com remédios uma vez, não funcionou. Isso funciona com você? Está tentando com métodos de relaxamento? Funciona? Só por um tempo, certo? A ansiedade rouba sua alegria, seu sono e seu presente.

Minha solução não estava nos métodos humanos. Aprendi a reconhecer em mim os sinais. Você consegue reconhecer em si mesmo os sinais de sua ansiedade? Eles são como uma cadeia de eventos e também como um ciclo vicioso. Quando você entra, é difícil sair.

Você pode se dar uma explicação plausível de por que está ansioso? Sua ansiedade resolve algum dos problemas? Jesus disse que suas preocupações não adicionarão uma hora no seu dia (Mateus 6:27) Por que sofrer? A quem você está tentando agradar? Se a solução estiver em suas mãos, faça-o. Se você já fez tudo ao seu alcance, deixe para lá. Não há mais nada que você possa fazer.

Salmos 62, fala sobre esperança. De onde vem sua esperança? O que você espera?
Você tem que ser racional. Você entende? Você faz sua parte e deixa Deus fazer a Dele. Ele fará o melhor por você, se você permitir. Depois que você percebe os sinais de sua ansiedade, e logo antes de entrar no ciclo vicioso, você racionaliza que não tem poder para controlar a situação, que não tem poder sobre amanhã ou sobre ninguém. Você fez tudo o que pôde. Agora é hora de descansar. É hora de deixar Deus fazer o trabalho Dele. “Somente para Deus, ó minha alma, espere em silêncio, pois a minha esperança é Dele. Ele é apenas minha rocha e minha salvação, minha fortaleza; Não serei abalado. Em Deus repousa minha salvação e minha glória; minha poderosa rocha, meu refúgio é Deus. Confie nEle em todos os momentos, ó povo; derrama seu coração diante dele. Deus é um refúgio para nós” (Salmo 62: 5-8). Depois de tirar suas ansiedades da mente e substituí-las por estes pensamentos: “Confio que Deus tem tudo sob controle. Confio nele com todo o meu coração e minha mente. Não preciso mais me preocupar com isso, porque Ele cuidará das coisas que não posso. Ele é meu refúgio, minha fortaleza, não serei abalado.

Quando fui diagnosticada com fibromialgia (FM), percebi que não conseguia dormir e era terrivelmente impaciente e irritada. Quando soube que a FM não tinha cura, fui eu quem controlou os sintomas, precisei aprender que era incapaz de controlá-la. Por muitos anos, lutei com os sintomas até perceber que o pior deles era a ansiedade; Eu tive que controlar minha mente. Eu tive que dar outra coisa ao meu cérebro para pensar e relaxar, para que todos os outros sintomas diminuíssem. Eu parei de me preocupar. Eu deixei tudo para lá. Comecei a pensar que Deus cuidaria disso e daquilo. E comecei a me sentir melhor. Aprendi a escolher qual problema eu me daria o luxo de me preocupar. Eu não podia me preocupar com todas as coisas que costumava me preocupar. Era um absurdo, loucura. Comecei a escolher até o ponto em que não me preocupo mais. Quando eu posso fazer algo, eu faço. Se a coisa não estiver em minhas mãos, não vou me preocupar.

Espero em Deus que você possa ver a verdade nisso. Apenas deixe pra lá. Controle-se. Você é o chefe. A ansiedade é um ladrão. Ela rouba seu presente, sua alegria e sua vida. Toda vez que você se vê preocupado com algo que não pode fazer naquele momento, apenas ore e peça a Deus para lhe dar a alegria e a paz de que você precisa e peça a Ele para cuidar daquilo que você estava se preocupando. No momento certo, você vai ver como a vida pode ser bonita. Não há outra cura para a ansiedade, apenas Deus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come and See + Judge correctly // Venha e Veja + Julgue corretamente

Venha e Veja   Two verses stood out for me this morning. John 7:17-18 and 7:24.   “ Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.   18  Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.” John 7:24 “ Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”   That was Jesus talking.  I lately heard that some people with vast knowledge of the Bible (we all want to believe) are being led astray through the vain doctrines of this world. Meaning, that some church leaders or people have earned the people's trust by telling them lies about the teachings of the Bible. People seek their own popularity by agreeing with the lies the world has offered them.  I have seen churches with flags and teaching doctrines that the Bible condemns. They have twisted the Word of God to be more acceptable and palatab

Are you lost? // Você está perdido?

Você está perdido? There is always this time in life when we are certain about what to do with our lives. We have a goal, and an objective to reach. However, it is often that life turns the other way around and our plans are made nothing. Frequently I hear people say, “I am lost, I don’t know what to do!” That happens when we put our goals into something that changes. Everything in this world change. You and I are changing by the minute. My thoughts right now are running like crazy, and if I don’t set a goal in something that doesn’t change, I can’t do anything. What is it?   Jesus. The word of God. You might think I am crazy, and lunatic or even a fanatic. But who really knows me, know that I am none of those things. I am a very sensible person who has lived and experienced many things. And I don’t lie. So, if you are experiencing a sense of loss and despair, how about putting your hope in the One who cannot change whatsoever. If you lost you

Pointing finger // Apontar o dedo

Recently I was studying the Sermon on the mount in a bible study at the church. It was wonderful to meditate and go deep in these Jesus’ words. So many details we sometimes don’t realize. We are very quick to see the flaws and failures of others. But interestingly the things we see faster in others are probably the things we don’t see or won’t see in ourselves. It is easy to point a finger when someone is, for example, throwing trash on the streets, when one doesn’t even bother to do the same at home. In Brazil, we have this saying “blacksmith’s house, woodpecker.” Who are you to point a finger to anyone when you yourself cannot do better? Your sin is no smaller than his. Jesus said, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ( Matthew 7 :3). Look, sawdust is something small, and plank or log is something much bigger than sawdust. Sometimes we are able to see something very insignificant in othe